Samen met onze supporters en donateurs beschermen we dieren, wereldwijd.
Met een enthousiast en gemotiveerd team werken we dagelijks aan het verbeteren van dierenwelzijn wereldwijd vanuit ons kantoor in Den Haag. Wil jij ook jouw steentje bijdragen aan het beschermen van dieren? Bekijk hieronder onze openstaande vacatures.
Global Head of Individual Fundraising
Location: UK / The Netherlands
Permanent: Salary: € 4500 - € 5500 /month based on 37,50 hrs
Closing date: Monday 27th June 2022
World Animal Protection is a global organization campaigning for lasting change for animals, with offices in every continent. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate fundraiser with deep and broad experience of giving from Individuals. As one of our Heads of Individual Fundraising focused on giving from individuals you will join us a to deliver ambitious growth and achieve change that lasts for farmed animals and wildlife. World Animal Protection raises more than $55m USD across our network and fundraising teams across the organisation are planning to significantly increase that. Giving from individuals provides the majority of our income and we are committed to significantly growing the number of people contributing and taking an action to protect animals.
In this role you will focus on all aspects of giving from individuals, including co-ordinating approaches to increase lifetime value from our individual givers, growing our base of regular givers and legacy supporters. Similarly, this role will also work on projects and approaches that link to either or both of our strategic goals and optimise fundraising outcomes within our campaigns.
You will support and build the capacity of the World Animal Protection network to deliver growth through developing and driving forward fundraising strategy, delivering projects and ensuring our campaigns engage people to give. You will take the lead for strategy development for individual giving working with FR Leaders, practitioners and external peers to understand and improve performance, to optimise investment and fundraising outcomes. Important will also be your ability to support, coach and build the capacity of teams and individuals and provide professional leadership to global colleagues involved in giving from individuals.
Join us and help us move the world to protect animals.
Skills and experience
- This is a senior strategic role for a strong team leader who has a proven track record of leading, influencing stakeholders and decision making in a matrixed organisation
- Experience of working in a senior strategic fundraising role ideally in an international organisation, with mobilisation as a key part of its remit (i.e. campaigning/change organisation)
- A strong understanding of the platforms, channels, and strategic approaches that will enable us to reach and retain donor audiences across multiple fundraising markets
- Experience in coaching and providing mentoring support
- Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems and make recommendations that take account of short and long-term opportunities and risks
- Well-developed analytical skills - able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately
- Works well within the team environment and under pressure of deadlines and can co-ordinate several projects simultaneously and effectively
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a complex structure
- Flexible to undertake some international travel
- A passion for protecting animals and an understanding of the inter-connectivity of animals, people and planet
- Strong commitment to our aims and values
- Strong interpersonal, networking and organisational skills with the ability to work collaboratively across a range of business areas
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships working across a global network and in a multi-cultural environment
To achieve our aim of making World Animal Protection a Diverse and Inclusive employer, we particularly welcome applications from individuals of traditionally under-represented communities and backgrounds.
At World Animal Protection we recruit with our values & behaviours in mind. Please bear this in mind through your application journey. These are:
Global: We make decisions & act with a global mindset
Diverse and Inclusive: We actively encourage and promote diversity, ensure all voices are heard and included and are committed to equal opportunities for all
Collaborative: We work together and co-create to achieve lasting change
Agile: We make change happen in a fast-moving world
Growing People: We continually learn and develop
Accountable: We are role models. We take responsibility for our actions and encourage others to do the same.
Courageous: We push boundaries, take risks and set ambitious targets
In order to apply, please visit our international website: